This annual award recognizes innovation and creativity in best teaching practices in the clinical setting by a Nursing Educator in Georgia. The award will recognize teaching effectiveness in planning, designing and implementing instruction and assessment to improve student learning. This award is also designed to encourage the dissemination of these approaches to colleagues across disciplines.
The annual awardee meets or exceeds the following criteria:
- Demonstrates significant innovation in teaching in the clinical setting
- Actively promotes and implements aspects of innovation in teaching in the clinical setting
- Acts as a role model for creating and sustaining a culture of creativity
- Motivates students to learn and stimulate interest in the subject
- The awardee may demonstrate innovations that have:
- Influenced the methods and teaching effectiveness of other faculty for clinical teaching
- Utilized best practice and unique teaching methods in the clinical setting
- Nominees must be a current Nurse Educator in Georgia.
- Nominees may include faculty of clinical instructor, lecturer, assistant, associate, or full professor status.
- Nominees must hold a minimum of a Masters Degree
All applications should include:
- One letter of reference/endorsement from a colleague, former or current student (academic or clinical), administrator or supervisor, which supports the award criteria and contributions cited.
- A statement that includes: (maximum two pages, double spaced)
- A description of the specific teaching innovation
- Information about the origin of the innovative idea
- How it has benefited students
- DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 8, 2017.
- Please include Innovation in clinical Teaching Award in the subject heading and email all nomination letters toAmanda Reichert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review Recipient Expectations prior to considering nominees for this award
The recipient of the GANE Teaching Effectiveness Award will
- If able, present their teaching innovation ideas at the following annual GANE conference.
- Be willing to serve the following year on the GANE Scholarship and Awards Committee
The Teaching Effectiveness Award was created by the GANE Scholarship and Awards Committee 2015 to support the recognition of excellence in teaching and to encourage novel approaches to best teaching practices.