All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited program in nursing
- Resident of Georgia
- Verifiable financial need
- GPA of at least 2.5 on 4.0 scale in prior educational work
- All non-RN applicants must have completed one year of study
- Provide two letters of reference which indicate leadership, scholarship and potential for success in the practice of nursing
Priority will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a Georgia school, college or university
- Plans to practice professional nursing in Georgia following graduation
- Graduate student for Spillman-Bischoff Scholarship
- AD or BSN for Lucy Willard and Sarah Helen Kilgore Scholarships
- Member of Georgia Association for Nursing Education, or Georgia Association of Nursing Students, or other professional nursing organization.
Completed application must be received by the posted deadline (see website). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submit the completed application with attachments to:
GANE Scholarship Committee
Attn: Amanda Reichert
University of North Georgia
Email to: email@example.com
Selection will be based upon compliance with basic eligibility requirements set forth by the Georgia Association for Nursing Education.
Applicants selected by the Scholarship Committee will be confirmed by the Board of Directors for GANE. Scholarships will need to be collected in person at either the annual Awards Luncheon or a subsequent GANE Executive Board meeting.
Thank you very much for your assistance in helping the Georgia Association for Nursing Education, Inc. in our endeavor to facilitate the education of nurses to meet future health care needs.